What does "No order string defined" mean?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
firestar246
Inserter
Inserter

What does "No order string defined" mean?

Post by firestar246 »

So I basically copied the code for assembling machine 1 for entity, changed the name, the amount of ingredient slots, and amount of module slots, and it gives me "no order string defined". What does that mean? I've never made new entities before in my mods.

Also, how do I increase the amount of stuff an assembling machine can make? Kinda like uranium, I wanted it to make one of two items, 40% first item and 60%. But it either doesn't make anything or only the first item. When I changed that it needed centrifuge instead of assembling machines, then it worked fine. But I was thinking of having something have up to 4 or 5 different items it could make, so even the centrifuge wouldn't work. That's why I was trying to basically duplicate the assembling machine, but allow more items, but I can't figure out what to change and then that error popped up when I tried starting the game.
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: What does "No order string defined" mean?

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you post the mod you have so far? I'll see if I can improve the error message and tell you what's going on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

firestar246
Inserter
Inserter

Post by firestar246 »

Thanks for responding! I decided to try one more time on another mod I just started making and it worked. Not sure why it didn't work on the first one. Maybe I missed a line of code when I copied it? I don't know.... thanks anyway.
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:Can you post the mod you have so far? I'll see if I can improve the error message and tell you what's going on.
Sounds to me like he copied an assembler without having an item to place it. I'm not sure if the error message states explicitly that entities without an item to place them need an order string while the ones with an item don't.

@OP: Also what you really want is recipes, not assemblers. Assemblers are only count limited for input items (.ingredient_count) not output items.

Return to “Modding help”