Mod-added logistic storage chest not getting filter in GUI

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Mod-added logistic storage chest not getting filter in GUI

Post by dgw »

Adding buffer variants of warehouses was pretty trivial, actually. Just set the `logistic_mode = "buffer"` and the GUI for filtering showed right up, same as it did for the requester type.

However, one of the mod portal discussions pointed out that storage warehouses (which are basically just big logistic chests, just like the other types) don't get the "Logistic filter" GUI section, for some reason. Comparing the entity definitions from 0.16 (for logistic-chest-storage) and the code that generates the entity definition for the storage warehouse has gotten me nowhere. Everything appears to be identical, but the base storage chest gets a filter GUI and the storage warehouse doesn't.

It's not super urgent, because there are several other things that have to happen before I make another release, but at some point I would like to figure out why the storage chest filtering doesn't seem to apply to modded storage chests. (It's entirely possible that I'm missing something, because it's past 1am and I should be sleeping—par for the course in this community probably. But it's just plain odd that this doesn't work.)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod-added logistic storage chest not getting filter in GUI

Post by Nexela »

logistic_slots_count = 1

needs to be set on your prototype for the filter gui to show up.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mod-added logistic storage chest not getting filter in GUI

Post by dgw »

Yep, late-night cognitive failure did me again. Of course that works. I thought it would be too easy… Thanks, Nexela.

Trying to figure out why I can't find that in the base files I was looking through to compare the storage chest entity, but maybe I'm accidentally using a stale copy from before the filter was added to storage chests. (I tested the logistic_slots_count property via remote desktop on my phone just now, so I can't dig much rn. Had to install a new keyboard with an Escape key to quit the game, whoops!)

Edit: My text editor was looking at the 0.15 files instead of 0.16. That's what I get for pointing it at the "base" folder inside the app package instead of the app package itself (which has the version in the name).

Return to “Modding help”