Filterable module slots?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Filterable module slots?

Post by donoya »

I'm starting work on my first mod and was hoping for there to be support for limiting the modules you could put in certain slots. After looking at the code, I'm not sure how I'd do it. I want to be able to add secondary parts to my buildings (so like a retaining wall to reduce pollution, but you can only put a retaining wall in that slot which only exists on some buildings). If someone could share how I could go about doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Filterable module slots?

Post by Rseding91 »

It's not possible to limit what module items go into something - just what effects go into something - and only for crafting machines (furnaces and assembling machines) and beacons. It's done through the "allowed_effects" property on those entities types.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Filterable module slots?

Post by donoya »

Rseding91 wrote:It's not possible to limit what module items go into something - just what effects go into something - and only for crafting machines (furnaces and assembling machines) and beacons. It's done through the "allowed_effects" property on those entities types.
Could I make a recipe that uses 0 of an unstackable item, but needs to be filled and by using this recipe, you produce less pollution? or would I have to make a variant on the same machine with less pollution that you craft by combining it with the retaining wall? (using the example above)

Return to “Modding help”