Blueprints are ignoring my entities

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blueprints are ignoring my entities

Post by Reika »

Yet another issue tied to the turret range research.

If you try to use a blueprint to "scan" an area with the range-boosted turrets inside it, they are completely ignored, to the degree that they are not even highlighted with a green bounding box like other entities. My only guess as to a cause is that the entity's mineable-result item is the base turret, not the range-boosted turret (which does not have a corresponding placer item, for obvious reason); I am reminded of the error "entity has no order string defined and no item to place it!".

How can I fix this? If the problem is indeed my guess above, how can I fix it without doing something stupid like making the turrets drop range-boosted versions?

Turret code:
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Endgame ... urrets.lua

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprints are ignoring my entities

Post by Reika »

Also, I have tried using the on_player_setup_blueprint event to try and inject the turrets manually, and that fails as well, namely because the player's "cursor_stack" during this event is always not "valid_for_read", and thus cannot be read or edited.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

The Turrets you're trying to select probably use ghost/fake entities when placing it.
Those can't be added to blue-prints, since the item you see is not the item in your inventory.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

TheSAguy wrote:The Turrets you're trying to select probably use ghost/fake entities when placing it.
Those can't be added to blue-prints, since the item you see is not the item in your inventory.
I wrote those turrets. They use neither.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

I just tested by making the turrets all have placers that are dropped by them, and it does resolve the issue, meaning my guess in the first post was correct.

Now what can I do to fix this in an appropriate manner (making 10 visible and non-stacking clones of every turret type is not acceptable)?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Which force it was?

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

darkfrei wrote:Which force it was?
game.player, the default SSP force. The same as me, the walls, and literally everything else in the base except for the trees and that one biter running around.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

And more people are reporting the issue. Is there any way at all to fix it?

Also, even the stupid solution is a bad one: If every turret drops the "boosted" version, would again break every time you did the research (as you would have blueprints for turrets L-1 but now have turrets of level L).

Return to “Modding help”