[kovarex][1.1.59] Lock belt working inconsistent

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex][1.1.59] Lock belt working inconsistent

Post by AntiElitz »

Sometimes (about once each hour of playtime) the "Lock belt to straight line" / "Smart belt dragging" will fail to activate. At first I thought this is related to q picking, but now i have this clip where is occurs by hot-keying as well. I will provide more clips and a replay the next time it happens in this thread.

In this clip i side drag belts, which is technically not possible to do with belts under these settings:
https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyStrangeEel ... gspkJ9v8nd

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] Lock belt working inconsistent

Post by AntiElitz »

I am finally able to fully reproduce the bug!
It happens when you place a belt at the same time you rotate! (I rebound rotate to space in case this matters)
Here is a replay with 3 cases of the bug attached
Attachments
smartbelt disabled bug reproduceable replay.zip
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 96 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex][1.1.59] Lock belt working inconsistent

Post by boskid »

I have good and bad news about this. I see this issue was already fixed in 1.2 (test which i wrote for 1.1.x that was failing here is green in 1.2) but it is unlikely the fix would be back-ported to 1.1.x because of the insane amount of differences in manual builder logic between those branches.

pallet12
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pallet12 »

There's actually another way to reproduce this bug, although I'm not sure it has the same root cause.

Steps:
1. Set up a way to select belt without clicking (e.g. hotbar or belt placed somewhere that you can pipette it)
2. Clear cursor and click on the ground and hold
3. Select belt with hotbar or pipette
4. Drag

Like I said, not 100% sure it has the same cause/fix so thought I'd mention it.

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hornwitser »

You can also get a similar behaviour by pressing Ctrl after starting to place belt. But, err, that's kind of a useful feature. Would be a shame to have that axed for 1.2.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

boskid wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:08 am
I have good and bad news about this. I see this issue was already fixed in 1.2 (test which i wrote for 1.1.x that was failing here is green in 1.2) but it is unlikely the fix would be back-ported to 1.1.x because of the insane amount of differences in manual builder logic between those branches.
Interesting little nugget from behind the veil of expansion secrecy! I wonder what might motivate such an "insane amount" of changes. Whatever it is, it's got to be good...

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”