lirvainel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rocket Auto Launch not Working Properly

Post by lirvainel »

What did you do?
I automated white science, activating "Auto-Launch with cargo"

What happened?
When the Rocket Inventory is enable the inserter load "Processing Units" to the inventory activating the AutoLaunch and doesn't allow the Satellite to be loaded in the rocket.

The inserters doesn't load "Low density Structures", "Rocket control Unit", "Rocket Fuel", it happen with any other item

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
It shouldn't allow load anything else than "Satellite" or for the achievement the "Fish" also to the Rocket inventory, there is no sense allowing anything else in vainilla.
Factorio Bug.PNG
Factorio Bug.PNG (844.62 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Always if the inserter with "Processin Units" is faster than the "Satellite" one
Attachments
World 5 Game.zip
(32.43 MiB) Downloaded 139 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rocket Auto Launch not Working Properly

Post by Loewchen »

Nothing here is a bug. If you don't want to send processing units with the rocket then don't insert them.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

To add to what Loewchen said, your problem is trivially solved by replacing your fast inserter with a filter inserter set only to rocket fuel.

lirvainel wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:03 pm
It shouldn't allow load anything else than "Satellite" or for the achievement the "Fish" also to the Rocket inventory, there is no sense allowing anything else in vainilla.
The game is setup already to ignore items required for rocket construction, and that's all it can safely do. Mods can add items that do stuff when launched even if they don't have a product specified, so there's no way for the game to automatically know what's valid or not. My own Asteroid Mining mod uses this extensively in an upcoming version.

Note that this can also be done in pure vanilla scenarios - no mods are required, so the game can't just assume because only the core and base mods are loaded that it can safely restrict what can be sent.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

I even recently accidentally sent 7 copper ore to space, as I was using an unfiltered chest to store satellites. "Expensive" mistake! :D

Return to “Not a bug”