[1.1.34] Hitting Escape to cancel blueprint editing saves changes

Bugs that are actually features.
Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.34] Hitting Escape to cancel blueprint editing saves changes

Post by Silari »

Open a blueprint for editing.
Modify the blueprint in any way - right click an entity type to remove it from the blueprint, or left click an entity to remove it from the blueprint, or rename it, or change the icon, or edit the description, whatever.
Hit Escape to close the blueprint.
Re-open the blueprint. Any changes made in step 2 are still present in the blueprint, despite not clicking to save the blueprint.

If in step 3, you instead hit the X in the top right (which shows Escape as the hotkey for the button), then reopen the blueprint, changes are not saved as is expected.

Only similar report I saw was for speaker setup, which isn't the same since those are applied immediately, unlike blueprints which explicitly need to be saved before they are changed (and have a button to cancel without saving, which Escape should be mimicking).

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.34] Hitting Escape to cancel blueprint editing saves changes

Post by Loewchen »

I cannot produce any of that. With the exception of selecting new contents, everything gets reset when closing with ESC.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Lemme try to reproduce it in a pure vanilla game. Don't see how any mods could affect it, since they can't touch base game GUIs, but I was able to reproduce it multiple times on several restarts while testing a mod.

Thinking about it real quick, the blueprint was in my inventory and assigned to the quickbar. Maybe it won't work if you're editing a blueprint in the library/not in your quickbar.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

:facepalm: Somehow Escape got set as a confirm key in my settings. Didn't notice it, since the save button only shows the first button configured, not the second. Resetting controls fixed it, so looked and found the errant setting.

So NaB.

Return to “Not a bug”