[1.1.34] Pumps not always loading fluid wagons

Bugs that are actually features.
Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.34] Pumps not always loading fluid wagons

Post by Amarula »

I made a train stop that both loads and unloads a train of fluid tankers (so the train can deliver oil when the local oil patch runs low). It works fine.
Pumping oil in loading all tankers.png
Pumping oil in loading all tankers.png (549.4 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
I made a copy (Ctrl-C) of the trains providing water and crude oil, and pasted it for the next refinery, but in the copy, only half the pumps work.
Pumping oil only loading top half.png
Pumping oil only loading top half.png (637.44 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
I added acid production, which loads the acid train as expected, but nothing at all happens when I go to transfer the acid from the warehouse to the (first) customer:
Acid not pumping at all.png
Acid not pumping at all.png (603.33 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
In all cases, the trains are on straight tracks, not coming in off a curve. All the trains are actively following the schedule directing them to stop at the current station. There are no circuit conditions in effect, and none of the trains are trying to leave the station. There are no more than three pumps per fluid tanker. All the pumps have power.
factorio-current.log
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.34] Pumps not always loading fluid wagons

Post by Loewchen »

The second last picture shows an output pump being connected to the part the input would connect to, blocking it. The setup at the last picture just does not work, you need a second fluid box connected to a pump for it to become one that can connect to trains.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 pm
The second last picture shows an output pump being connected to the part the input would connect to, blocking it.
Sorry I am not clear on what is being blocked. And if there is a design problem, why does it work in the first case but not the second? Hang on I think I get it: in the first case, the train is loading but not unloading, it is just hidden because the train fully loaded before I got the unloading side built, and the unloading tanks are all joined.
Loewchen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 pm
The setup at the last picture just does not work, you need a second fluid box connect to a pump for it to become one that can connect to trains.
So it has to be tanker->pump->pipe(s) or tank(s)->pump->tanker? Perhaps this could be added to the wiki.

Thanks so much for the instant response! You guys are amazing!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Amarula wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:55 pm
So it has to be tanker->pump->pipe(s) or tank(s)->pump->tanker? Perhaps this could be added to the wiki.
A second pump already works, so Tanker-Pump-Pump-Tanker.

Return to “Not a bug”