Artillery priority issues

Bugs that are actually features.
MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Artillery priority issues

Post by MrBadDragon »

When using the artillary targetting tool the game does not use closest artillary site.
Exhibit A.PNG
Exhibit A.PNG (173.58 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Case in point - I want to bomb the enemy position in the vacinity of the red circle. each of my bases have shells and I would expect that the two bases circled in blue, being the closest to the target area would be the prime delivery points
Exhibit B.PNG
Exhibit B.PNG (140.83 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
However as you can see, the game decides that every base apart from the closest ones will do the bombardment. Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it is annoying, especially as I am extending my artillary line north from the east most base and end up running into the agro'd biters.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Artillery priority issues

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Whether this is a bug or not, running into aggroed biters is something you have to deal with yourself.

If you load a gun, you have to assume it will be in range of something and therefore shoot it. It might be in an active but yet unrevealed chunk.
Therefore you have to protect it and not stand in the way.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

MrBadDragon wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:09 am
However as you can see, the game decides that every base apart from the closest ones will do the bombardment. Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it is annoying, especially as I am extending my artillary line north from the east most base and end up running into the agro'd biters.
The engineer manages to create a weapon, which automatically detects enemy bases in the void without radar coverage?
The engineer also manages, that those weapons are magically linked together, to decide, which is the closest?

I would say, its a game decision, if it's working as intended or a bug.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

Just did a little bit of testing.
Try clicking faster then you should get fire from all artillerys.

But i don't know how the game chooses which artillery fires first - could be the order in which they where built

MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBadDragon »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:22 am
Whether this is a bug or not, running into aggroed biters is something you have to deal with yourself.

If you load a gun, you have to assume it will be in range of something and therefore shoot it. It might be in an active but yet unrevealed chunk.
Therefore you have to protect it and not stand in the way.
I'm not unhappy with the way the trigger works, just that the closest gun fires last. Not the end of the world, but mildly annoying.

Return to “Not a bug”