[1.1.30] Game freeze when placing power pole

Bugs that are actually features.
Fergunil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.30] Game freeze when placing power pole

Post by Fergunil »

In my current modded game (Seablock + Brave New world + Fluff), I regularly experience a freeze when placing a power pole ghost (As I am playing Brave New world, I am ever only placing ghosts). The game does not crash, but hangs forever and requires a restart. I lived with it as I was not able to reproduce the issue at will. Now the issue happened right after an auto-save, and I realized that doing the exact same thing in the save game consistently reproduce the issue on my end. While the testcase is far from minimal, I feel it should be already something worth looking into.

Save file
factorio-current.log
(430.99 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
The save should load where the screenshots have been taken, to ease of reproduction. Cut the production block selected as blow
1.png
1.png (3.37 MiB) Viewed 1229 times
When you paste the production block here, the game freeze and will not recover
2.png
2.png (3.55 MiB) Viewed 1229 times
I tried to reproduce this on a minimal save file, without success, but it can happen from big blueprint placement, pasting, or simple power pole ghost placement. Could you kindly advice ?

Fergunil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.30] Game freeze when placing power pole

Post by Fergunil »

Additional info: The issue does not reproduce when the mod "Brave New World Additions" is removed.

I am still concern the game freezing instead of crashing in case the mod is doing something weird.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.30] Game freeze when placing power pole

Post by Klonan »

Seems the mod is stuck in an infinite loop in the Lua script
I am still concern the game freezing instead of crashing in case the mod is doing something weird.
Not much we can do unfortunately

Return to “Not a bug”