[1.1.27] Actions don't work under achievements pop-ups

Bugs that are actually features.
Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.27] Actions don't work under achievements pop-ups

Post by Warger »

When i try to do any action (like placing something or clicking a confirmation button) under an achievement pop-up or another similar layer (eg tracked achievements in top left corner, editor panel or any other similar thing) the action doesn't work.
This also include a deconstruction planner or an upgrade planner that i start dragging from somewhere and ends under the mentioned layer.

1. What did you do?
The clip provided at the bottom will probably make everything more clear. However to replicate just track some achievements and try to click or do any action under them. Alternatively you can try to click a confirmation button that is placed under an achievement pop-up (like shown in the video).

2. What happened?
The action that you are trying to do just doesn't work.

3. What did you expect to happen?
I expect the action to complete properly, especially in these two situations:
-When a confirmation button is hidden by an achievement pop-up i should be able to click it.
-When i drag a deconstruction planner (or similar) and ends under a track achievement or another panel i expect the deconstruction planner to work.

Attachments:
https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyInspi ... HuTr9WGaec

Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.27] Actions don't work under achievements pop-ups

Post by Warger »

Someone made me aware of the fact that achievements can be dismissed by clicking on them, i didn't know because (as seen in the clip) when i click on achievements while i am on the victory screen they don't get dismissed.

So the clip i posted earlier shows actually 2 bugs, the one just mentioned in this post and the deconstruction bug shown in the second part of the clip.
I don't know what i should remove/change/add on my previous post so i will just leave everything how it is.
Unfortunately i think that this means that i accidentally reported 2 bugs in only one thread...
Last edited by Warger on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheYsconator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheYsconator »

I may be misunderstanding, but am I correct in understanding that you would like to be able to click a button you are not able to currently see? To me that very much sounds like expected and desired behavior. Pressing on something seemingly invisible and then something happening sounds like a big no-go to me.

I mean, you could try pressing the confirm button by using the 'E' key, but I wouldn't even know if I would consider that desired behavior. Again: you're executing/ doing something you can not see - which strikes me as odd.

So in my opinion this (at least your first point) would not really be a 'bug' per se. Though maybe you can convert it into a feature request? For example; the achievements could be shown in a different way, so that they don't clog up most of the center of the screen. An example would be to show them after each other in a corner, or in a stack of at most height three. (Though for completeness: I am perfectly fine with how it currently is implemented.)

Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warger »

I felt that not being able to do anything when the achievemnt pop-ups show up should not be the case and it felt like non intended behavior, and that's why i reported it. However someone pointed out that you are indeed already able to do something (normally clicking on an achievement pop-up makes it go away), however that part is broken during the victory screen (you are not able to click away the achievmetns, and even pressing "E" does nothing). That's why the correction in my second post. Originally I thought that the two things i reported were the same problem applied to 2 different situations, but upon learning about the achievement pop-ups behavior it became clear that i reported 2 different problems (first of which i wasn't even fully aware of).

sp55aa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sp55aa »

I think this is not a bug, you can't click on UI

Return to “Not a bug”