[1.1.21] Personal roboport causes major UPS hit with a lot queued for deconstruction

Bugs that are actually features.
Xarovin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.21] Personal roboport causes major UPS hit with a lot queued for deconstruction

Post by Xarovin »

I wasn't sure if I should post this in suggestions or bugs, but it seems like the performance equivalent of a memory leak, so I'm guessing a bug (just not a game breaking one).
I know you have things in place to avoid large constructions from affecting the UPS, but these don't seem to apply to personal roboports, and it's possible to completely tank the performance under some circumstances.

To reproduce:
- Stand in the middle of a forest with a personal roboport
- Deconstruct every forest in the entire world (I was wanting to test my power generation)
- Watch your UPS plummet from 60 to <10
- Turn off your personal roboport or start walking, the UPS instantly shoots back up to 60

If I had to guess, it seems as if the personal roboport is including more and more entity checks in the same tick, and doesn't have a limit in place for this particular circumstance.

I've uploaded a save having just marked all trees and tiles for deconstruction - it starts at 60ups, quickly drops to 30, then slowly down to about 10. Turn off the personal roboport to bring it back to 60: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPgSfq ... K6v0bmbmM3

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.21] Personal roboport causes major UPS hit with a lot queued for deconstruction

Post by Klonan »

I am going to call this not a bug,

The personal roboport specifically has some more aggressive job searching than the normal roboport network,

I profiled the save you provided, and most of the update time was in a normal 'is entity in the deconstruction queue' check,
and that is taking a long time because you have marked a ton of things for deconstruction,
and it does it so often because you have quite a big personal roboport area.

Return to “Not a bug”