[1.1.19] Automation wrong cost under expensive tech

Bugs that are actually features.
danielkwinsor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.19] Automation wrong cost under expensive tech

Post by danielkwinsor »

Start a new game under "marathon" settings and all techs should be 4x as expensive. However, Automation is still a cost of 10 red science. This is a regression from 1.0.0 since I last played.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Automation wrong cost under expensive tech

Post by invisus »

I asked about this recently, and from what I know this was done intentionally for _just_ automation science, as to not delay the early game and requiring 4x handcrafting to get to that first step in research.

As far as I know, this is Not a Bug.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

This is intentional and not a bug. Some games with x100 or more tech costs required handcrafting of thousands of packs, so it was changed.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Drakken »

It seems so strange to have changed this and yet they will not make an achievement for marathon mode to get lazy bastard. In this way you could do a 100% deathworld marathon.

The game is begging for just one more level of difficulty and this achievement would be the ultimate challenge.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Good luck winning even a non-marathon death world "all achievements" game !

DeathWorld SpeedRun
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88173
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Drakken wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:09 pm
It seems so strange to have changed this and yet they will not make an achievement for marathon mode to get lazy bastard. In this way you could do a 100% deathworld marathon.

The game is begging for just one more level of difficulty and this achievement would be the ultimate challenge.
Increasing the science multi to very high values is/was kind of popular. Fe. 100 or 50. The beginning would be very tedious, if you have to handcraft 1000 packs. So, they fixed that. Lazy Bastard seems to be popluar on paper, but most people don't care.

However, I would like it too. But it seems to be not that straight forward to get the good solution.
The achievements would have to be divided into normal/expensive somehow or the same achievement has different conditions in different modes, which would be confusing.

The easy solution would be to give the player some additional pre-crafted intermediates to save on handcrafts (advertising: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spice-rac ... assemblers)

Return to “Not a bug”