[1.1.9] Spidertron inventory management not behaving as expected

Bugs that are actually features.
Niphyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.9] Spidertron inventory management not behaving as expected

Post by Niphyr »

The spidertron inventory is not behaving as I would expect (as the player inventory does):
  1. The inventory is not sorted (or sortable) making it very difficult to view the contents at a glance
  2. Logistics and Construction bots are content creating half-stacks of items, using up extra inventory space
For the second one, below is a screenshot showing an example. There is a logistics request for 50 steel chests, and spidertron has them but there are two stacks of 25 each. The expected behaviour is one stack of 50. I am unsure if this is being caused by construction bots taking from the "wrong" stack or logistics bots putting them back on the "wrong" stack.

This behaviour does not happen with a sorted player inventory, leading to no inventory slots being wasted. It may be as simple as having an option to keep the spidertron's inventory sorted.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.9] Spidertron inventory management not behaving as expected

Post by Xorimuth »

It is an intentional decision by the devs not to auto-sort the spidertron inventory. I think that it should be sorted, so I added it into my mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronEnhancements
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however none of that is a bug. Robots will fill any not-full item stack when putting items into the spidertron inventory (as they always have with any inventory).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Niphyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Niphyr »

Thanks for the mod link and thanks for the clarification :)

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Picker Inventory Tools also allows to sort Spidertron inventory, but allows it without the other enhancements, if that is something you're into...

Return to “Not a bug”