[1.1.19] Construction robots take minutes to react to blueprint place

Bugs that are actually features.
walter.g
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.19] Construction robots take minutes to react to blueprint place

Post by walter.g »

All files associated with this report are available at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing. This includes:
  • The log file
  • The save file
  • Seven screen shots
I recently upgraded from 1.0.0 to 1.1.19. Since then, building using blueprints is unacceptably slow. Specifically, apr. 200 seconds (3 minutes, 20 seconds) pass between placing a blueprint and construction robots beginning work on it. Until that time, all my construction robots are idle.

There are enough materials in logistic storage to cover the builds. No overlapping logistic network exists (I don't have a personal roboport nor does my Spidertron). There are plenty of enough construction robots (1077, all idle).

Deconstruction doesn't have this delay. Deconstructing something causes the construction robots to react nearly immediately. Overall game performance is fine.

Having timed this repeatedly, the gap between placement and build begin is always around 200 seconds.

Happy to provide any other resources as needed.

Walter

P.S. Description of the screenshots
  • 01: Prior to blueprint placement. Shows logistic storage. (Note the storage chest matrix in the upper left corner.)
  • 02: Immediately after placing ghost tracks. (Note that placing ghost items or placing a blueprint both result in similar delays.)
  • 03: One minute in.
  • 04: Two minutes in. Idle construction robot count is visible.
  • 05: Three minutes in. Idle construction robot count is visible.
  • 06: Three minutes twenty seconds in; construction robots have activated. Note the robots in the upper-left, at the storage chest matrix.
  • 07: A few seconds later; construction complete.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Construction robots take minutes to react to blueprint place

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Do you have many ghosts somewhere else on the map? If so, it is a known issue.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You have thousands of ghosts that cannot be placed because of missing items and stall the job list. NaB.
And you have thousands of ghost outside a construction zone...

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

I posted a suggestion to increase the processing rate for the construction bot job queue here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94208

Even though this issue has been considered not a bug for a long time, I still think it's worth mentioning that some improvements are still viable. Feel free to chime in there with support or feedback on your issue if you'd like.

Return to “Not a bug”