If spidertron follows tank it damages the tank

Bugs that are actually features.
soulless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

If spidertron follows tank it damages the tank

Post by soulless »

Found one Post in GameplayHelp with the same problem: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92762
and no answers. I think this is a bug because it makes the follow function at least for tanks useless.

What did you do?

Drive around with my tank and commanded a spidertron to follow the tank

What happened?

spidertron often traps the tank, even when tank is moving, spidertron places its feet in front of the tank, tank collides with spidertron and gets damaged and sometimes can not be moved anymore. Tried with different fuels in the tank to make him faster and also with less Exoskeleton in the spidertron ... but the tank is slow and the next corner the tank gets trapped again and damaged if moving

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

spidertron following the tank without overtaking .... so perhaps a few tiles behind

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: If spidertron follows tank it damages the tank

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Yup. Apparently it’s a feature.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't believe we have any intention of changing this. IF you've already gotten to the point of spiders you can just use one of those as a vehicle.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

soulless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soulless »

There you might be right. I just like to drive with the tank and thought with a spidertron-guard it could be easier to also clean big bases with a lot of Behemoth Insects so I tried and failed and thought perhaps nobody notices because who drives tank in late-game ;)

And also I just want to leave a big thank you for this very cool game. Play mostly experimental since 0.16 and not one crash, no drm, native linux and it gets more and more awesome.

Return to “Not a bug”