[1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planner unable to use new line in description field

Bugs that are actually features.
Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planner unable to use new line in description field

Post by Tealc. »

This issue was present previously in 1.0.

When editing the description of a Deconstruction or Upgrade Planner, new lines in the text field can not be achieved by hitting enter. Enter instead saves and closes the window.

This is inconsistent behaviour with what happens in the equivalent Blueprint description field where using enter in that text field will move the cursor to a new line and not close/save the window.

The only way to get around the above with Deconstruction and Upgrade Planners is to format the text elsewhere with the appropriate line breaks then cut/paste in to the text field. Just a mild inconvenience but still annoying and inconsistent with other parts of the game.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planner unable to use new line in description field

Post by Squelch »

Confirmed.

Shift+Enter is a workaround.

Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planner unable to use new line in description field

Post by Tealc. »

Thanks, and that's a good catch, I really should have thought of that. :o

I still think it should be looked at as its inconsistent behaviour with how the same works in BPs.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

Absolutely, consistency is king. I wouldn't have noticed it due to keeping my descriptions brief. Luckily I had a deconstruction planner open just as your post appeared, so I was able to confirm. Shift+Enter just so happens to be what I'd been using in a chat app.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I added shiftEnter just for this reason, so I'm closing this as not a bug.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

kovarex wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Yes, I added shiftEnter just for this reason, so I'm closing this as not a bug.
It still remains inconsistent with the rest of the UI, and there are no prompts as to how entering new lines should work for these text fields. If it is not a bug, then perhaps the different behavior could be communicated to players? I took a guess at what might work, but I wouldn't expect everyone to try the same. Would this be a result of the 'E' to accept, ESC to cancel debate?

Return to “Not a bug”