[1.1.1] Train does not output any circuit conditions to station when in "Destination is full" modus.

Bugs that are actually features.
Amarog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.1] Train does not output any circuit conditions to station when in "Destination is full" modus.

Post by Amarog »

Hello,

When the train can't progress to the next station because of the train limit set on that station it stay's in the current station preventing the thundering herd, which is lovely.

But!! And this is my "problem" when the next station does not accept any trains anymore due it's train limit the train will not leave and give the "Destination is full" but it'll not output anything anymore to the connected circuits on that station. You can't read the train contents anymore and you can't read the stopped train ID anymore... That does not seems logical to me because it's still in the station occupying it.

Can this be "fixed"? It seems logical to me as long as the train does not leave the station we should be able to read it's content or ID via the station it's parked in no?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.1] Train does not output any circuit conditions to station when in "Destination is full" modus.

Post by Rseding91 »

Once the train has decided to try to drive to the next station it is counted as "left the station" it was at. That's intended and working correctly. The "in station" has nothing to do with the physical position of the train but the state of the schedule.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Amarog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.1] Train does not output any circuit conditions to station when in "Destination is full" modus.

Post by Amarog »

Yeah, I can follow that logic, it however still outputs a train count in that station, so why should it not output it's content or ID ?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Amarog wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 pm
Can this be "fixed"? It seems logical to me as long as the train does not leave the station we should be able to read it's content or ID via the station it's parked in no?
No. The train left the train stop and is trying to find a path to goal from next schedule record. It is not parked at that train stop anymore, it simply cannot move because of no path. I made it keep the reservation until it finds another path but this is made for convenience so the train stop is not overflowed by one only because there is train that cannot leave yet.

-- edit:
Amarog wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:07 pm
Yeah, I can follow that logic, it however still outputs a train count in that station, so why should it not output it's content or ID ?
When trains are incoming they are also not giving content or ID. "Trains count" is not really trains count, it is total reservation amount of that train stop, but for most of the players that is good enough. If the train would be traveling in a loop with waypoints, single train may increase the "trains count" by more than 1 only because it has to keep reservation for every case that train stop is as waypoint in its path.

Amarog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amarog »

boskid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:07 pm
Amarog wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 pm
No. The train left the train stop and is trying to find a path to goal from next schedule record. It is not parked at that train stop anymore, it simply cannot move because of no path. I made it keep the reservation until it finds another path but this is made for convenience so the train stop is not overflowed by one only because there is train that cannot leave yet.
Ok, I thought because it still outputs a "c" on that station it could output the ID or Contents too. I'll have to find a work around then. No problem this is what Factorio is about.

Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: your Edit explained it a bit more, thanks!

Return to “Not a bug”