[1.1.0] Menu item bar

Bugs that are actually features.
Kalixt
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.0] Menu item bar

Post by Kalixt »

Hello,

if I grab spidetron remote control from menu bar and then select for instance decostruction planner from the same menu it replaces the current position of deconstruction planner which wasnt the case in 1.0.0. It should stay as it is, unless I remove it with mouse 3 click.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.0] Menu item bar

Post by Rseding91 »

That's an intended change in 1.1. Use the hotkeys if you don't want to replace the quickbar shortcut.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Cobai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cobai »

Oh no, this has ruined me, i keep setting the same item over and over in my hotbar now :(

Please consider making it a toggle setting so i can have it on! Please!

I am a heavy hotbar user, using the number keys is not convienient for me so i'd at least like the option to change it back to how it was!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

you can alwasy clear cursor before picking up new items (Q key by default)

Cobai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cobai »

valneq wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 pm
you can alwasy clear cursor before picking up new items (Q key by default)
Yeah i've just seen i can do this, but it's still seems completely un-intuitive to me as clicking to select something is a default type of behaviour, not replace this item in every slot 'even if something is already there'.
I may get used to clearing the cursor but it still feels backwards to me, the hot bar should be for selecting items, clearing is done with middle mouse, it has a key defined, why change the main behaviour?

Cobai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cobai »

In fact, to add to this, why can't i set it like we do for filters on trains slots instead?
This solves my problem but allows the new method to remain?
If i add the item to my hotbar i want to be able to select it, even if i have something already in my hand.

Jrdiver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jrdiver »

Intended change or not, this desperately needs an option box in settings, this has completely messed up my workflow to the point of im considering if i should go back to 1.0 for now....to much messing up the quickbar trying to drop an item.

Xenophore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xenophore »

+1 to reverting this, or at least giving an option to disable it/lock the contents of the bar.

Kalixt
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kalixt »

It was good as it was, but sure I will find the workaround. Adding more options is not a good idea, bcs you want to create as low settings as you can in the first place. If you create setting for everything it becomes very chaotic and difficult for user.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Not a good change for 1.1.0 :/

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

kovarex wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm
I'm quite surprised by the complaints related to the quickbar change. It seems like a super obvious thing to me, that I always clear the cursor automatically whenever I'm done doing something with an item. Clicking some other quickbar item with something else is hand is just something that doesn't happen, but apparently they are people that don't do that. I will make an option that locks the quickbar for people doing fat-finger actions too often.
Emphasis mine.
[Koub] And locking the thread now that we know it's temporary until the option is added.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Not a bug”