[1.0.0] Logistic bots treat me like I'm a roboport

Bugs that are actually features.
Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.0.0] Logistic bots treat me like I'm a roboport

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

So after almost 2000 hours the unthinkable happened and I encountered an actual little bug.
I equipped my new armor with roboport mk2 and suddenly logistic bots started coming in. They were bringing items that I wasn't requesting and very oddly went into my inventory afterwards. Some just came to recharge and went on.
Also, the ones coming in and going into my inventory were very slow as if they had flown a long distance without charging, even though I was standing in the middle of my base which is continuously covered with roboports.
The whole thing stopped when I took the roboport out of my armor and put it back in.
I don't really think there is a logical explanation for it other than the personal roboport somehow getting designated as a normal one.
Here's a video of the incident. The quick ones are probably just normal bots that try to pick up stuff that I already got rid of. The slow ones however are really weird. Just to be clear, I'm not requesting either fast inserters or uranium ammo but those are the two main items carried around by bots at the moment.

EDIT: I should mention that it's not completely vanilla but I'm not using any mods that should modify robot behaviour in any way. It's only LTN and the basic QOL mods (Squeak Through, Even distribution, Vehiclesnap,...)
Last edited by Drogiwan Cannobi on Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.0.0] Logistic bots treat me like I'm a roboport

Post by Loewchen »

Post a link to a vanilla save that shows that behaviour please.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Loewchen wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm
Post a link to a vanilla save that shows that behaviour please.
Here you are. It's not vanilla (i.e. I didn't run around deleting all my LTN stops :) ) but it should load without any problems I'm fairly sure that the problem is not mod related (as I don't have any mods related to bots and no fringe mods in general)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's the jetpack mod doing it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn't have thought that, but now that you say it I've noticed it behave a bit weirdly with bots before. Bots stand still as if you disappeared for a few ticks when you start or stop flying.
Still, if it's not too much of a bother, can you explain in layman's terms what happened there? Seemed really curious to me

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Drogiwan Cannobi wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn't have thought that, but now that you say it I've noticed it behave a bit weirdly with bots before. Bots stand still as if you disappeared for a few ticks when you start or stop flying.
Still, if it's not too much of a bother, can you explain in layman's terms what happened there? Seemed really curious to me
The mod is trying to track which robots you had before turning on the jetpack so it can assign them back to you after you land.

I assume it's switching out your character entity when you turn it on and switching it back when you land. But it's doing it wrong and it's assigning random logistic robots to you.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 pm
Drogiwan Cannobi wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
The mod is trying to track which robots you had before turning on the jetpack so it can assign them back to you after you land.

I assume it's switching out your character entity when you turn it on and switching it back when you land. But it's doing it wrong and it's assigning random logistic robots to you.
Thanks! I'm going to post a bug report on the mod page later.

Return to “Not a bug”