[1.0.0] Change blueprint library tab /permission has not effect

Bugs that are actually features.
rafasc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Change blueprint library tab /permission has not effect

Post by rafasc »

Tried to disable the "Change blueprint library tab" permission on a multiplayer save I was hosting, but the permission seems to be completely ignored.

I expect that a user without the permission would not be able to switch between personal blueprints and game blueprints.

The context for this was to apply an artificial restriction on a multiplayer game where users would be unable to use their own libraries. Only shared blueprints via game blueprints.

It still wouldn't work, as there's no way to specify the initial active tab. Perhaps would be possible to split this permission in two and make it "open game blueprints tab" and "open player library tab"?
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.11 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by rafasc on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Change blueprint library tab /permission has not effect

Post by kovarex »

Well, for you goal to be achiavable, it would really require a special option.
That option would disable using personal blueprints and would also disable importing blueprints.

rafasc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rafasc »

I think by giving the context I mislead you into thinking this is a feature request.

But the bug request is about the permission "change library blueprint tab" not being honored. I can always change tabs regardless of what this setting is set to.

If this is not a bug, what is this setting supposed to do?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

rafasc wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 am
I think by giving the context I mislead you into thinking this is a feature request.

But the bug request is about the permission "change library blueprint tab" not being honored. I can always change tabs regardless of what this setting is set to.

If this is not a bug, what is this setting supposed to do?
The permissions system is generic: it just filters the actions the game is allowed to run when they show up at the action processing code. The GUI doesn't care which tab the game thinks it has open - it just keeps telling the game when it switches tabs so the game can track it for re-opening the GUI if needed at a later time. The actions list doesn't know the permissions system even exists: it's a simple mapping of keyboard/mouse actions to things the game should do. They get created and send off to the game to run and the permissions system intercepts them and filters out some of them if it wants.

The permissions system list is auto-generated from the complete list of actions the game knows how to process. If anything, I would just remove the action from the list of visible ones you see in the permissions GUI and make it always allowed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”