[1.0.0] Upgrade Planner no Undo in BPL

Bugs that are actually features.
burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.0.0] Upgrade Planner no Undo in BPL

Post by burninghey »

Tried to downgrade a Blueprint in blueprint library, but it removed all modules. Ok then, did not click save and canceled. Got saved without user input ... an no undo.

Putting lots of thoughts into if i choose to use modules and which, and if to use yellow inserters or blue ones, or which level machines. I like min-maxing in the world of factorio. Please, please, just a word of warning or an undo please.

Even worse, this could f*ck up a whole book with thousand of hours invested to make them.

Maybe just remove the general upgrade planer, let the player choose what to update every time (it puts the user based updgrade plans in there)
Last edited by burninghey on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Upgrade Planner no Undo in BPL

Post by kovarex »

It only removes modules when you downgrade to an assembling machines that doesn't support modules.
Generally, all the tool buttons (upgrade/reassign/delete) are confirming right away, not after you press confirm.

burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by burninghey »

And doing this to a book would put 1000+ hours to a waste without warning or undo

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Are you seriously saying, that you put 1000+ hours into creation of a blueprint book, and you didn't even backup it?

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Personally I can't really see using the upgrade planner on a blueprint directly. Nice shortcut I guess but how hard is it to plop the blueprint down, run the upgrade planner on the world, and then take a new blueprint? Bonus: You can tweak it in the world first in far more ways than in the blueprint.

Maybe if I wanted to make my own belt balancers, I'd make a yellow version and then make 2 copies and upgrade one to red and one to blue. But I've not bothered with belt balancers since splitters got filters.

The fact that you could so easily mess it up just makes me less likely to use it.

Return to “Not a bug”