[Possibly from mods] 1.0 Alien nest decoratives glitched, possibly due to nest being expansion rather than mapgen

Bugs that are actually features.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Possibly from mods] 1.0 Alien nest decoratives glitched, possibly due to nest being expansion rather than mapgen

Post by Reika »

"An image is worth a thousand words":

See all the "cut" edges?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Possibly from mods] 1.0 Alien nest decoratives glitched, possibly due to nest being expansion rather than mapgen

Post by Rseding91 »

That almost looks like a layering issue with the the mods decoratives/decals it's putting on the terrain. If you remove the mods does it sill look wrong? Removing the mods should cause all of that terrain and the decoratives/decals it adds to be erased and replaced with vanilla terrain.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Possibly from mods] 1.0 Alien nest decoratives glitched, possibly due to nest being expansion rather than mapgen

Post by Reika »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:13 pm
That almost looks like a layering issue with the the mods decoratives/decals it's putting on the terrain. If you remove the mods does it sill look wrong? Removing the mods should cause all of that terrain and the decoratives/decals it adds to be erased and replaced with vanilla terrain.
I no longer have the original nest to test with, but other nests look fine:

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

I found the original nest - it does indeed fix it: Image

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

If that's the case then I believe it's up to the mod adding the new decoratives the define the render layers for them so they don't collide with the new biter nesting ones.

There are 2 properties in the decorative that control the layering: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Decorative
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:58 pm
If that's the case then I believe it's up to the mod adding the new decoratives the define the render layers for them so they don't collide with the new biter nesting ones.

There are 2 properties in the decorative that control the layering: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Decorative
I will pass this on to Earendel.

Return to “Not a bug”