[1.0.0] upgrade planer tries to upgrade to not existing item (bobs mod / nanobots)

Bugs that are actually features.
Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0.0] upgrade planer tries to upgrade to not existing item (bobs mod / nanobots)

Post by Nexarius »

If I use the upgrade planner without any settings then it tries to upgrade the inserter to red-inserter but I have bobs mod installed and the next step would be fast inserter.
das.gif
das.gif (17.4 MiB) Viewed 1094 times
Save file:
factorissimo rare resources 1.zip
(13.18 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] upgrade planer tries to upgrade to not existing item (bobs mod / nanobots)

Post by kirazy »

That would probably be a bug with the mod, not vanilla. Upgrade path is defined in the prototypes, and if it's misconfigured by the mod when the additional inserters are added, you would see this behavior.

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] upgrade planer tries to upgrade to not existing item (bobs mod / nanobots)

Post by S_gamez »

Nexarius wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm
If I use the upgrade planner without any settings then it tries to upgrade the inserter to red-inserter but I have bobs mod installed and the next step would be fast inserter.

das.gif

Save file: factorissimo rare resources 1.zip
If u upgrade to long handed it will work just fine it will use the same as fast inserter's it will just convert them to long & if u pick it up it back to bob's normal. That is what nanobot mod have sed when we used to have a lot bigger issue before were we couldn't upgrade any inserter's.
still hope it will be sorted out later.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nexarius wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm

das.gif

Save file: factorissimo rare resources 1.zip
If you have Bob's installed with default settings, the "Inserter Overhaul" is turned on.
With the Inserter Overhaul turned on, the progression is Yellow -> Red -> Blue -> Purple -> Green. Also, it is a complete OVERHAUL of the inserters, all their stats have changed, though I do re-use MOST of the base game items and entities. (I don't use long-handed inserters entity, because of the way hand positions work, if I did all your Long handed inserters would just turn into normal-handed red inserters)

So... Given the information you've provided, This is all correct.
If you check the locale name (not prototype name) of the red inserter, you'll find it's named "Fast Inserter" and the blue one is named "Express Inserter".
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Not a bug”