[1.0.0] Spidertron roboport wont activate if placed blueprint not in construction area range

Bugs that are actually features.
AcidAgent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.0.0] Spidertron roboport wont activate if placed blueprint not in construction area range

Post by AcidAgent »

When a blueprint is placed out of the spidertron's roboport's range, nothing will be built when the spiedertron gets in range of the ghost BP.
The placed ghost have to be in the construction range of the spidertron to be built by it.
I can provide a video of the phenomenon if needed.

Maybe related to : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=88018
Probably related to : viewtopic.php?f=47&t=88048

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Spidertron roboport wont activate if placed blueprint not in construction area range

Post by Rseding91 »

Please provide a save file showing the issue. Because when I test; it all works perfectly.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Spidertron roboport wont activate if placed blueprint not in construction area range

Post by ickputzdirwech »

AcidAgent wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:18 pm
When a blueprint is placed out of the spidertron's roboport's range, nothing will be built when the spiedertron gets in range of the ghost BP.
Did you place the blueprint in the construction area of a roboport network? Because then robots from that network might already be assigned for the job and there are no jobs left for the spidertron.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

AcidAgent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AcidAgent »

Please provide a save file
Find save file attached to this message.

Video of it happening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Ndalp-UdQ

Save file status right after the capture of this video.
There are a few mods enabled, they kept on working from 0.18 despite some having no updates.
I'll do more tests tomorrow (without mods, for a start).
Did you place the blueprint in the construction area of a roboport network?
Nope. See video.

Edit : Had to upload to mega
The upload here returns an error "Unable to parse server response"
Here is the link : https://mega.nz/file/oBASFKYa#YwNhHodFN ... LNmmxxUKSo

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You are placing thousands of concrete tile ghosts that you do not have the items for, overloading the network. NaB.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Loewchen wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:27 pm
You are placing thousands of concrete tile ghosts that you do not have the items for, overloading the network. NaB.
Specifically: there are 180'885 tile ghosts on the map. At 1 per tick that means the game gets around to checking each ghost once per 50 minutes.

You need to *not* literally pre-pave the world :P pave areas as you get concrete or plan on using that. As you've done now it's super overloaded and just isn't going to work as you want.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AcidAgent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AcidAgent »

But then why does it behave differently when it's the player going in (as seen in the video) ? When it's the player, the tracks are placed directly, even with the paved area waiting.

Also, most (if not all) tiles ghost placed where placed with the spidertron. These section of tracks where just started. But even for the first ones it didn't work, when there was no other tiles waiting to be placed.

Also, I don't understand why would a roboport check all ghosts on the map when it's construction zone is very limited (barring it's connected to a network), but that's probably just a coding limitation.

huffsam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by huffsam »

So just as a follow up question why is their a difference of if the player is in the spidertron vs if they are out of the spidertron?

When I'm in the spidertron the bots build pretty much instantly when I'm not they pause for quite awhile before completing the build. I'm assuming something to do with player robots being given priority?

https://gfycat.com/quickharmlessalligatorsnappingturtle

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

AcidAgent wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 am
But then why does it behave differently when it's the player going in
huffsam wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:41 am
why is their a difference of if the player is in the spidertron
See viewtopic.php?p=381392#p381392 . From the behaviour that seems to only apply to player personal roboports.

Return to “Not a bug”