[0.18.47] Downgrading AM3 to AM2 via upgrade planner leaves 4 modules in the new AM2.

Bugs that are actually features.
jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.47] Downgrading AM3 to AM2 via upgrade planner leaves 4 modules in the new AM2.

Post by jamiechi1 »

Don't know if this is related, but when I downgraded yellow machines to blue machines with the upgrade planner, that had 4 modules, the resulting blue machines had 4 modules. I had to delete and replace the blue machines to fix this.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.47] Downgrading AM3 to AM2 via upgrade planner leaves 4 modules in the new AM2.

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I've split your post into a proper bug report : I'm pretty sure this IS a bug report (whilst the other was more a feature request).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.47] Downgrading AM3 to AM2 via upgrade planner leaves 4 modules in the new AM2.

Post by boskid »

That would be quite serious issue if it would happen. Do you have any reproduction steps? I tried but i cannot reproduce this.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I'll see if I can repro this later today. I have a lot of mods, so this could be a result of that.

Edit: Looks like I left out an important repro step. This happens when I downgrade the AM3's to AM2's from within a blueprint. I created a simple blueprint with a couple of AM3's. I then clicked the green button and selected a planner that downgrades the AM3's. It allows me to save the blueprint which includes the two AM2's with too many modules on them.

Link to some pictures to show what I got:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Note that when placing the blueprint, the AM2's are correctly placed. So this looks more like a miner issue with the blueprint and upgrade planner and is mostly a visual issue.

Edit again: I am using the CopyPasteModules mod. Don't know if this has anything to do with this issue or not.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That's known and working as intended. It also leaves them there in case you decide you want to un-do the downgrade. If it just instantly deleted the extra modules there would be no way to get them back.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”