[0.18.38] "Select new contents for the blueprint" saves blueprint directly after new selection

Bugs that are actually features.
dahhakd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.38] "Select new contents for the blueprint" saves blueprint directly after new selection

Post by dahhakd »

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open any blueprint
2. Click "Select new contents for the blueprint"
3. Select entities in the world
4. Do not click "Save blueprint", close it or clear the cursor

What happens: The blueprint is saved immediately after selecting the new entities, even when not clicking to save.
What I expected: Blueprint is not updated until I click "Save blueprint".

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.38] "Select new contents for the blueprint" saves blueprint directly after new selection

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. During blueprint library development this was decided to be the best solution for blueprint reassign function. If the selected entities would not get commited into blueprint immediately, that would mean they would have to be stored on client side and then when saving changes - sent as huge input action to the the server since the entities from which you have new content for the blueprint could be removed between reassigning and saving changes. Similar limitation is when starting reassigning blueprint - it silently saves changes so you do not loose icons, label and descriptions. Side effect of this is you cannot reassign content when there are no entities enabled in blueprint since blueprint cannot be saved without entities inside and when you reassign empty area you go back to the blueprint setup so it would be bad to have empty blueprint here.

Basically there are some places with silent save. That is by design.

dahhakd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.38] "Select new contents for the blueprint" saves blueprint directly after new selection

Post by dahhakd »

I see. Thank you for the clarification.

MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBadDragon »

I can see why this is needed. Is there the ability to add an undo/revert feature?

Return to “Not a bug”