[0.18.37] Blueprint snap boundary not visible when adjusting the grid size.

Bugs that are actually features.
sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.18.37] Blueprint snap boundary not visible when adjusting the grid size.

Post by sorahn »

The snap boundary is not visible in the blueprint editor when you have 'Grid Size' checked, only if you have the 'Absolute Reference point' checked.

It should be visible when 'Grid Size' is checked as well.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.37] Blueprint snap boundary not visible when adjusting the grid size.

Post by kovarex »

Not a bug. Without the absolute snapping and its positioning, it would not be obvious where to draw the grid, and trying to draw it just somewhere, could lead to confusion.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Hi Kovarex,
Without the absolute snapping and its positioning, it would not be obvious where to draw the grid
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but, given the following blueprint, isn't the point of checking the 'grid-size' checkbox because I want it to tile when dragging? This blueprint is 56 tiles wide. I want it to tile every 38 so the center of the substations are the edge of the tileing. I've adjusted the size but there's no indication to me what part of the blueprint is included in those grid-size dimensions. The game already knows, because it tiles correctly.

With other checkbox checked, it's now clear what parts of the blueprint are included, but that also activates the global grid, which I don't want for this blueprint.

dahhakd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dahhakd »

I have experienced the same usability problem. I have a blueprint that I have to adjust the grid size for it to tile correcly, but I don't have any visual feedback when doing that. Currently, every time I want to adjust the grid size I have to enable absolute reference point, so that I can see the boundaries, adjust the numbers and then disable before saving the blueprint. I found that quite annoying.

Return to “Not a bug”