Blinking fluid symbols (0.18.32)

Bugs that are actually features.
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Blinking fluid symbols (0.18.32)

Post by Spaghettificator »

Hello.
I've been enjoying the brand new update with the new beacons.
But this new fluid mechanic has become a bit annoying because when the fluid is just trickling in the pipe, the icon starts blinking. If the setup is huge then i would look like a Christmas tree.
I made this gif that shows the thing.
Attachments
20200616-195646.gif
20200616-195646.gif (30.65 MiB) Viewed 3134 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blinking fluid symbols (0.18.32)

Post by valneq »

I don't think this is related to the simplified fuid mixing prevention. I have seen this many times in all versions that I have played. It always happens with alt-mode and pipes that have only very little fluid in them, which gets consumed/pumped out faster than it is produced.

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Spaghettificator »

Before, the icon was static when connected to a certain fluid type, but now they changed to only show the icon if there is fluid in them.
It's back to the 0.17 way i think. Honestly i preferred the other way. Like that you don't have to follow the pipe back to see where it is connected if it has no fluid in them. Plus, the bigger refinery areas won't be able to cause a seizure or something.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You are pumping the pipes empty, the pipes fill again and you pump them empty again...

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

While it's not a bug this is indeed very annoying

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

it's like box icons flickering when items go in as they go out, really. the same.

and the same solution for the annoyed: pump to circuit condition, don't enable flow unless a buffer has >100.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 am
it's like box icons flickering when items go in as they go out, really. the same.

and the same solution for the annoyed: pump to circuit condition, don't enable flow unless a buffer has >100.
Yeah, this seems it exactly. As ptx0 points out, if you are feeding a chest with a loader/inserter and also pulling out with loader/inserter... you can see this very same issue at play, where the alt-mode icon pops up very briefly as the contents oscillate between zero and non-zero.

Annoying indeed, but I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug, and if it were... what can really be done about it.

Return to “Not a bug”