[0.18.31] wrong satisfaction value in Electric network info

Bugs that are actually features.
hhrhhr
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.31] wrong satisfaction value in Electric network info

Post by hhrhhr »

Small setup: 1 × Boiler + 2 × Steam engine (900 kW)
Consumers: 3 × Beacon (480 kW) + 28 × Assembling machine 3 (12.5 kW drain)

Electric statistic show (attachment 2):
Satisfaction — 1.8 MW / 1.8 MW
Production — 1.8 MW / 1.9 MW (???)

Check:
3 × 480 kW + 28 x 12.5 kW = 1440 kW + 350 kW = 1790 kW ~= 1.8 MW

Now I'm add one more Assembling machine 3. As I suppose, total consumption should become 1790 kW + 12.5 kW = 1802.5 kW ~= 1.8 MW. But staticstic say (attachment 3):
Satisfaction — 1.8 MW / 9.1 MW (???)
Production — 1.8 MW / 1.8 MW

Image . Image . Image
test_case_steam_engine.zip
savegame with this situation
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 92 times

m1el
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.31] wrong satisfaction value in Electric network info

Post by m1el »

I've encountered the same issue, video of reproduction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo2Vq5m5mWA

This also causes everything connected to the network to be in low-power mode. this is not correct

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Was playing with this a bit. It looks like electrical generators (steam engine and turbine) have a generated * 4/60 "buffer". Some of the weirdness might be related to optimizing. With no power available, the machines don't really need to report if they're working or not, so the satisfaction requested is drain + working power. When the engines have steam, everything's working fine, but when the steam engines are being fully used, one could take a shortcut: the "buffer" is empty, so the production available changes... (maybe related to how accumulators "unify" over time if generators became added?)

The beacons in that second video though. What is going on with that power consumption!?

Edit: Odd coincidence or clue? 5x 1.8MW = 9MW, 477MW * 5 = 2.385GW
I have mods! I guess!
Link

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Production value issue is fixed for 1.1 by 82509

Consumption values are correct. Simplified explanation: If you have not enough energy production, energy buffers in all entities with drain will start slowly draining. Every buffer that is not full wants to charge with max possible charge speed allowed for it (kind of). In case of a beacon it is a 5.0666*480kW. For crafters it is 1.0666*maxPower giving 165,323kW for assembler-2 and 431,8408kW for assembler-3. Those values are power to charge everything within a single tick. If you have more production than consumption the buffers will start to charge and there will be less energy to charge in a single tick so the consumption shown will start to decrease until all buffers are back to full and are being filled after use within a single tick.

I am not seeing anything broken here that is not already fixed. Not sure where to move (resolved for next release, duplicate or not a bug)

Return to “Not a bug”