Changelog duplicate date line

Bugs that are actually features.
Jelmergu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Changelog duplicate date line

Post by Jelmergu »

After fixing a bug in one of my mods and updating the changelog, I went and checked if the changelog gets displayed in the ingame mod portal. I noticed that my mod did not have a changelog available. When checking the log file I noticed this line

Code: Select all

Error CachedChangelog.cpp:37: Failed to parse changelog for mod There is my ghost: invalid changelog file, error on line 94, duplicate Date: line or duplicate Version: line.
I went and checked and there were duplicate versions in the changelog, and the same date. I think though that the error message is slightly misleading. Since the error also states that there is a duplicate date line, I went and checked the date. I was quite certain that I had my versions correct.

It would be clearer if the error only stated the version duplication as the error wasn't raised after I fixed the changelog file while still having duplicate dates

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Changelog duplicate date line

Post by invisus »

This is covered here a bit: viewtopic.php?t=67140
Important: Take care to use unique version numbers and dates! I've seen one mod where the parser complained about a duplicate date field. Actually, the author had just copied the version and date fields, so there were two entries with the same version/date string in the changelog file. (I would have expected the parser to stumble over the duplicate version field, which should have been parsed first -- don't know why it didn't.)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Changelog duplicate date line

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however there's nothing wrong about that error. It states: there is a duplicate date line or a duplicate version line.

"duplicate Date: line or duplicate Version: line" - it doesn't know which.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”