Nuclear Power puts out way too much

Bugs that are actually features.
Silverstar456
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nuclear Power puts out way too much

Post by Silverstar456 »

Hey, i have a Nuclear Power Plant with 4 reactors, but i only activated 2 of them after construction, after 2 reactors running for decent hours, i realized that they put out 320 MW and thought that cant be right... I calculated them perfectly... After hovering over the reactors( https://youtu.be/aZPKB_pjq_M ) it says me everyone would put out 80MW and 100% neighbour bonus each.. While the neighbour bonus is right, summing up the right ones only comes up to 160MW. Please note, the tanks are not pumping, the pumps are not active, i cheked it and the lamps tell me too. I know this game is modded, but the mods are only QoL. I guess if i am right this is a quite big issue, but im not sure if i am messing up sth. Greetings Silver
Attachments
Setup
Setup
factoriobugmaybe4.PNG (3.5 MiB) Viewed 1704 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Nuclear Power puts out way too much

Post by mmmPI »

Looking at the picture we can see all the heatpipes are hot, the video is short but maybe your energy consumption just increased recently.

The energy can be stored under the form of steam in tanks BUT ALSO under the form of heat in pipes, maybe the pipes got heated up to 999° and are now giving back energy to ALL the heat exchanger.

In this case the steam production would be the one expected for the whole nuclear plant functionning providing enough for all the steam turbine.

But it wouldn't last forever, just enough time for the pipes to cool down.

If the system had been operating for long enough the heat wouldn't have propagated to the extremities of the column, or would have decreased enough to give the pipes another color, like the heat pipes on the other one .i think. Maybe i'm wrong though :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save please.

Silverstar456
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Silverstar456 »

Okay, so i guess this might be the reason, the power plant only really works at night due to solar panels, maybe the heat raises at day time to 999°. (Then it would be a suggestion of my to make the right tab more live, the neighbour bonus is ive, so only running np plants will show up for it, but the output seems constant eventough its off). Still i give you the save, should be playable without the mods, but i would recommend synchronizing them. Sorry for the useless post then ;)
Attachments
Multiplayer Gameplay 69.zip
(9.95 MiB) Downloaded 81 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

For me this is Not a bug.

In electric network info within 1h period average consumption from steam turbines was 145MW and when there are 2 reactors working with neighbor bonus giving total of 160MW, heat will accumulate allowing higher peak consumption using heat from heat pipes or working from steam buffers that are present above or below your steam turbines.

Return to “Not a bug”