[0.18.18] white rail car indicator in "wrong" position

Bugs that are actually features.
CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.18.18] white rail car indicator in "wrong" position

Post by CzBuCHi »

On attached image im showing what i mean:

Top rail car indicator is on same x position as bottom one even when it "should" be one tile to the right, because coresponding rail signal is also one tile to the right.
Attachments
bug.png
bug.png (967.61 KiB) Viewed 1660 times

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.18] white rail car indicator in "wrong" position

Post by Kyralessa »

I don't think they shift per signal position. I think they shift per track piece. So both lights result in the outline being over the same track pieces, whereas if the light were one more position to the right, the outline would shift to the next track piece.

hames_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hames_3 »

I believe the white box is related to the station, which is related to the track pieces, which are 2x2, instead of 1x1 like everything else in game

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

turn on debug grid to see the 2x2 effect mentioned earlier.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

Kyralessa wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:38 pm
I don't think they shift per signal position. I think they shift per track piece. So both lights result in the outline being over the same track pieces, whereas if the light were one more position to the right, the outline would shift to the next track piece.
If you look at that single track piece above both signals you can see, theyre not on 'same' track piece, but on different ones ..
hames_3 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:34 am
I believe the white box is related to the station, which is related to the track pieces, which are 2x2, instead of 1x1 like everything else in game
So why is game correctly rendering white box for 2nd and 4th wagon correctly if theyre on 2x2 grid?

---

Created second image with train stations to clarify what i think is broken:

first rail shows signal positions, that should not 'move' white boxes generated by station, because these positions are between them (magenta points).

second rail shows, that adding signal in any given 'magenta' position will move boxes one tile to left. (i would expect, that white boxes from station and from signal would overlap each other)

third rail shows boxes after placing rail signal - clearly there 1 tile gap between white box from train station and from signal.
Attachments
bug2.png
bug2.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1561 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

This is working as intended - it shows correct positions where train's rolling stocks will stop on signal. Rail entities are on 2x2 grid and so block will never be split in the middle of rail entity. In your image, on top rails: first rail signal is on the right rail segment entrance (attached to first rail piece of right segment) and on second (bottom) setup, rail signal is on left segment exit. In both cases rail block is split in exactly the same place and so train will stop at exactly the same spot. Not a bug.

As for shift, rolling stock length + distance is 7 that is not divisible by 2. Every second indicator will have different alignment to rail pieces. This is also not a bug.

Return to “Not a bug”