[0.18.10] Cheating in Tic Tac Toe with Factorio. (Upgrade Markers stay when deconstructing the to be upgraded Entity)

Bugs that are actually features.
GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.10] Cheating in Tic Tac Toe with Factorio. (Upgrade Markers stay when deconstructing the to be upgraded Entity)

Post by GregoriusT »

So I am playing a round of Tic Tac Toe, as I do and everything goes normal.
TicTacToe.png
TicTacToe.png (584.89 KiB) Viewed 980 times
But then I notice that there wont be a move to win with, if O is blocking me, so I decided to do the only logical thing to prevent a Tie!
TicTacToe_FinalMove.png
TicTacToe_FinalMove.png (85.35 KiB) Viewed 980 times
BAM, I placed an X ontop of the O! Nobody could have expected that brilliant move!

Is that cheating? No! Clearly the Game thinks that having an X and an O on the same Entity is perfectly valid and that the O should render ontop of the X too. I clearly won this round fair and square!

Jokes aside, placing a Decon Marker on something that is "to be upgraded" will result in the Upgrade Marker staying instead of being replaced/removed by the Decon Marker, and then result in a weird behavior where the Bots want to both upgrade the Entity and remove it too, and we all know that you cant have a Cake and eat it too!
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.10] Cheating in Tic Tac Toe with Factorio. (Upgrade Markers stay when deconstructing the to be upgraded Entity

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is an intended simplification and not something that we're looking to change.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.10] Cheating in Tic Tac Toe with Factorio. (Upgrade Markers stay when deconstructing the to be upgraded Entity

Post by GregoriusT »

I guess that makes the Undo Function easier to leave as is, isn't it. :P
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

Okay I have been reminded of this and been wondering, why doesn't the Deconstruction Planner remove the O's, just like it removes the Bot Delivery Markers?

The Simplicity Argument was probably for the being able to have both the X and the O at the same place codewise, but not for the Decon Planner being able to remove the O's along with the Entity they are on.

I'm just making sure this has not been labeled as "Not a Bug" because of a misunderstanding of where exactly the problem lies, because it just made too much sense to not check for overlap for lag reasons, while it would not make any sense to not check for it when using the decon planner. ^^

Return to “Not a bug”