[0.18.8] Cargo wagons no longer align with 6 inserters when there is an S curve in the track.

Bugs that are actually features.
Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.8] Cargo wagons no longer align with 6 inserters when there is an S curve in the track.

Post by Stevetrov »

What did you do?

Updated to 0.18.8

What happened?
The base stopped working.

It appears the latest update has changed how the game deals with which inserters can interact with a cargo wagon, I dont know whether this is intentional or a bug.

This image shows the difference:

!blueprint https://pastebin.com/h8Bc0kiE

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
That it would work as it has done for years.

Unfortunately this is not a simple case of moving the inserters up 1 tile to fix it as the builds rely on the alignment to work.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.8] Cargo wagons no longer align with 6 inserters when there is an S curve in the track.

Post by eradicator »

Stevetrov wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am
You may have been lucky "for years", but stations with curves were never officially supported.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=58622
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.8] Cargo wagons no longer align with 6 inserters when there is an S curve in the track.

Post by Rseding91 »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:19 pm
Stevetrov wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am
You may have been lucky "for years", but stations with curves were never officially supported.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=58622
Yes, unless something changed on pure horizontal or vertical tracks I don't consider any changes around trains on curves bugs; since we never intended for them to work in some specific way.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”