Bugs that are actually features.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.18.6] alt-view picture thing drawn over character

Post by Honktown »

gun picture thingy.jpg
gun picture thingy.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 661 times
I feel the character is "special" and should be drawn over everything else (or at least, the picture should align with entity graphic in layer). I guess since it's an entity the alt-view pic is drawn over it?
I have mods! I guess!
Link

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.6] alt-view picture thing drawn over character

Post by invisus »

There have been a few similar reports before, typically with the rocket. However, I don't think it's anything specific to the rocket, just that it's likely more noticeable there.
posila wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm
Hello, alt-mode is an overlay point of which is to not be occluded by objects, so strictly speaking, this is not a bug.

That said, at some point of the flight, rocket is switched to higher layer and starts occluding even the alt-mode icons, and it would probably be more estetically pleasant if that happened earlier + if you build inserters at top (instead of bottom) their arms would be drawn over the rocket, which looks much worse.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.6] alt-view picture thing drawn over character

Post by Honktown »

invisus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 pm
There have been a few similar reports before, typically with the rocket. However, I don't think it's anything specific to the rocket, just that it's likely more noticeable there.
posila wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm
Hello, alt-mode is an overlay point of which is to not be occluded by objects, so strictly speaking, this is not a bug.

That said, at some point of the flight, rocket is switched to higher layer and starts occluding even the alt-mode icons, and it would probably be more estetically pleasant if that happened earlier + if you build inserters at top (instead of bottom) their arms would be drawn over the rocket, which looks much worse.

Ah, thanks. This can be moved to "not a bug" then I suppose.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Not a bug”