[0.17.79] Uhh I don't know how placing Landfill Ghosts causes Biters to magically show up

Bugs that are actually features.
GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.79] Uhh I don't know how placing Landfill Ghosts causes Biters to magically show up

Post by GregoriusT »

I am just wtf about this. Look at that Screenshot. The Dead Biters are me just nuking ones I already made, and then I created more somehow by placing Ghost Landfill, and the Landfill doesn't even get placed.

I have no Idea if or which Mods cause this or if this is Vanilla.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Screenshot_20200208_021945.png
Screenshot_20200208_021945.png (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2299 times
Modded 1.zip
(6.43 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Uhh I don't know how placing Landfill Ghosts causes Biters to magically show up

Post by Honktown »

Mind doing a log(serpent.block(data.raw)) in the last-loaded mod's data-final-fixes and posting the factorio-current.log?

Edit: nvm, we're on the same version, I'll run through and see if there's anything fun
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Uhh I don't know how placing Landfill Ghosts causes Biters to magically show up

Post by Honktown »

aai-programmable-vehicles/control.lua, line 2531:
function
You're near enemy bugs, so it's making bugs.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

Thank you for clarifying what exactly happened. So I will assume it is a Feature of the Mod of sorts? Not sure about that. XD
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

GregoriusT wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:20 am
Thank you for clarifying what exactly happened. So I will assume it is a Feature of the Mod of sorts? Not sure about that. XD
It's possible the author didn't realize tile-ghosts are actually entities of the type ghost-tile. It's a feature, not a bugbugs. I'd suggest reporting it since someone else is going to "???" if they run into it
do svidaniya
I have mods! I guess!
Link

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

And done.

viewtopic.php?p=478296#p478296

Vielen Dank for the help. ^^

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

I saw this happening a lot in my games,
never realised it's not a feature.
I always thought it was vanilla intended behavior to give te player a panelty for keep trying to build something near alien nests :P

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Zanostra wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 am
I saw this happening a lot in my games,
never realised it's not a feature.
I always thought it was vanilla intended behavior to give te player a panelty for keep trying to build something near alien nests :P
That's fine. The bug is that it happens for ghosts. It should only happen once a construction bot comes along and tries to build. Or blueprinting should simply fail from the start.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

Blueprinting DOES fail from the start (and still spawns Biters), just wanted to mention that. ;)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

GregoriusT wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:48 pm
Blueprinting DOES fail from the start (and still spawns Biters), just wanted to mention that. ;)
I mend fail without biter. The code that creates the bitter makes the blueprint fail as it misinterprets it as actual building.

Return to “Not a bug”