[0.18.0] Inserter fails to load restricted chest from corner belt when restricted while inserter holds item.

Bugs that are actually features.
james262
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.0] Inserter fails to load restricted chest from corner belt when restricted while inserter holds item.

Post by james262 »

Takes place in 0.18.0
Server -> client mode
Vanilla Game, No Mods

Demo of bug in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7uZjfFYAKk

Steps to Reproduce:
chest
in
4====
II
II
V
AB

wooden chest with 2 slots open, slot 1= product B (full stack), slot 2 = product A (partial)
with no restriction of chest, the (normal) inserter will load product B first into third slot.
If restricted up to and including the third slot while the inserter has an item, inserter then fails to load the rest of slot 2 stack.
if restricted up to and including the third slot while the inserter is moving to pick up an item, the inserter then continues as normal to fill slot 2.

(figured out it only happens while holding an item, after i did the video)
It may be possible to be only on certain parts of the inserter swing, not only when holding an item.

Happens every time I retry these rules. Had Product A = reg Transport Belts, Product B = Normal Inserters, and reg Transport belt the items were passing by on. Items were moving towards the AB on the diagram.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.0] Inserter fails to load restricted chest from corner belt when restricted while inserter holds item.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's not a bug. If the inserter can't put the item into the chest because it ran out of room it has to wait until there's room.

You can restrict the stack size to 1 if you want to prevent that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

james262
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.0] Inserter fails to load restricted chest from corner belt when restricted while inserter holds item.

Post by james262 »

Sorry should have been more clear, its the partial stack in slot 2 which isn't filling up. That's the slot I want to fill, but doesn't proceed with the situation described.

The max stack size of the transport belt is 100, in the video it's only at ~26 while getting stuck. (It should be filling up per normal conditions ie. straight belt)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

james262 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:43 am
Sorry should have been more clear, its the partial stack in slot 2 which isn't filling up.
Because your inserter is busy holding an inserter which it can not insert anymore.

Return to “Not a bug”