[0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take a while before realizing there are damaged structures around the player

Bugs that are actually features.
jgntrugytub
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take a while before realizing there are damaged structures around the player

Post by jgntrugytub »

Lategame savegame with 0.5 spm, no mods, power armor 2 with 5 legs, 2 roboports and enough power.

Walking to a damaged wall section with personal construction bots, they instantly recognize replacement structures and fly off to rebuild. Then is a delay of a few seconds till they realize there are structures to repair.

Same happens if no replacement structures are needed, it always takes a 1-3 seconds until the bots realize, repairs are necessary. Doesnt matter if player is standing or walking, always takes a few seconds.

Makes fixing the wall a tiring process of 1. run to damaged section, 2. wait 1-3 seconds. 3. bots start repair, repeat process every few dozen tiles so bots realize there is something to repair.

Expected behaviour would be bots having the same "realization"-speed for repairs as they have for replacement.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take a while before realizing there are damaged structures around the player

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That's because you have so many things to repair and the game only checks 1 per game tick to send robots to.

Go fix the other stuff you have damaged and it will repair faster.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jgntrugytub
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take a while before realizing there are damaged structures around the player

Post by jgntrugytub »

That is not the problem, there is literally no other construction/repair request on the entire map. And it would not explain why replacement happens instantly but repair does not.

Savegame attached, just walk a bit north to some damaged/broken walls, to replicate the delay.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

jgntrugytub wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:00 pm
Savegame attached, just walk a bit north to some damaged/broken walls, to replicate the delay.
attachment missing

jgntrugytub
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgntrugytub »

Hmm i can ony get "Error parsing server response" message when uploading file on the forum.
Savegame available here: https://web.tresorit.com/l#wR2vb1FlJF8IWH-lVO9f5g

Another observation: Bots will always do the following order:
1. Fly off to replace structures
2. Short delay
3. Fly off with all available repairpacks and available bots to repair stuff.
4. Wait till the last bot of the first repair round is back.
5. Repeat Step 3 for any remaining damaged structure.

Point 2 and 4 are an unintended behaviour imho.
Bots should/could depart as soon as they return 1 by 1 and dont have to wait till the last bot is back in my inventory to scan again for needed repairs.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I just checked your save, everything seems completely normal

Return to “Not a bug”