[0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take N Repairpacks but only Repair 1 Structure before returning

Bugs that are actually features.
jgntrugytub
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take N Repairpacks but only Repair 1 Structure before returning

Post by jgntrugytub »

My personal construction bots take up to 4 repairpacks each with them, repair 1 turret and then return to player, just to leave again with 4 repair packs towards the next turret.

Playing without mods, reproduced in 2 savegames.

Expected behaviour would be to just take 1 repairpack and return after job done, or repair multiple buildings with the multiple packs since most building in the game do not require more than 1 repair pack to repair.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take N Repairpacks but only Repair 1 Structure before returning

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. The robot takes as many repair packs as it can hold but the repair logic only ever does 1 robot to 1 thing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jgntrugytub
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take N Repairpacks but only Repair 1 Structure before returning

Post by jgntrugytub »

Its just a minor point, but this means that if i carry 4 roboports with 100 bots, i need to carry 400 repair packs, otherwise only a subset of the bots is out repairing since the remaining bots can not go repair something due to lack of repair packs. Feels unintuitiv, and leads to awkard delays in repair situations.

Maybe if "[0.18.0] Personal Construction Bots take a while before realizing there are damaged structures around the player" is fixed, repair would feel more smooth and this repair pack issue wouldnt be as obvious, but combined it makes repairing a longer wall section annoying.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Is it possible that a bot would need more than a single repair pack to complete repairs on a single object?

I would see this as a good thing instead of a bot having to try multiple times to repair the same object when the single repair pack it was carrying is consumed.

Return to “Not a bug”