[0.17.79] Adding a blueprint to a book in the library reorders the entire book

Bugs that are actually features.
Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.79] Adding a blueprint to a book in the library reorders the entire book

Post by Jorn86 »

Adding a blueprint to a book that's in the library, will reorder (alphabetically) the entire book. Adding it to a book in inventory, does not.

To reproduce:
1. Create a blueprint book and put it in your inventory
2. Create a blueprint, name it "A" and put it in the book
3. Create a blueprint, name it "B" and put it in the book before "A". You now have a book with blueprint "B", then blueprint "A".
4. Copy the book to the library.
5. Create a blueprint, name it "C" and put it in the book in inventory between "B" and "A". You now have a book with blueprints "B", "C", "A".
6. Create a blueprint, name it "C" and put it in the book in the library.
7. Note that you don't get the position selector like you do in the book in inventory.
8. The book in the library now has blueprints "A", "B", "C". I would expect it to have "B", "A", "C", or even better, allow you to choose the position.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Adding a blueprint to a book in the library reorders the entire book

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That's working as intended. The book in the inventory uses a completely different set of sort logic compared to the blueprint library because they are 2 distinct systems and only support working that way.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Adding a blueprint to a book in the library reorders the entire book

Post by Jorn86 »

I understand why they are different, but it's not very nice. If the library logic cannot be fixed easily, perhaps it's better to disallow adding blueprints to books in the library. Now, it's too easy to mess up the order of existing books, and there's no easy way to undo that.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

To note, IIRC we're still waiting on an overhaul of the blueprint library interface.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

Fair enough, if that would solve / change this behaviour that would be great.

Return to “Not a bug”