[0.17.79] check for whitelist before mods

Bugs that are actually features.
Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.79] check for whitelist before mods

Post by Nexarius »

If you try to join a server it asks and downloads the mods + restart the game (twice) BEFORE it check if you are whitelisted for the server.

example: https://youtu.be/tOgJHB_7FKo

(side question why do I have to press confirm 5 times to join a server?)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] check for whitelist before mods

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The reason it works that way is due to the syncing logic not contacting the server until you've synced mods. The browse-games list has the list of mods on each server so the game syncs mods before even attempting to connect.

It's primary use is when you're connecting to servers you know you can already play on. There's a whitelist: any/yes/no filter if you want to not see servers that have whitelists enabled.

As for the "click confirm 5 times to join a server": that's not a thing. Nothing in your video shows you clicking confirm 5 times and there is no button in the game logic that requires you click it 5 times to work - so I have no idea what you're talking about with that :P

For direct connections I changed it so the rejection logic will reject for "not whitelisted" before "mods mismatch" which will do what you want.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] check for whitelist before mods

Post by Nexarius »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 am
For direct connections I changed it so the rejection logic will reject for "not whitelisted" before "mods mismatch" which will do what you want.
Wow so fast.
Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 am
As for the "click confirm 5 times to join a server": that's not a thing. Nothing in your video shows you clicking confirm 5 times and there is no button in the game logic that requires you click it 5 times to work - so I have no idea what you're talking about with that :P
I've counted again and edited it together :P https://youtu.be/-el1vMZwca0

Return to “Not a bug”