[0.17.79] Picking Up Assembler Looses Satelites Above 1

Bugs that are actually features.
Marksman_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Picking Up Assembler Looses Satelites Above 1

Post by Marksman_ »

I noticed when I used an assembler to create two satelites with ingredients placed by hand that when I picked the assembler up upon completion (without removing the finished satelites) I was only given one.

I had a save game from just before so I went back to confirm and can tell you the following:

An outbound inserter collecting the satelites works as expected. It will produce one, that will be taken out and another will be producded and taken out.

Adding all the ingredients and allowing the assembler to finish creation of both will cause the output slot background to go yellow, but after removing the first one you will still have a second one to remove. (Note there is no indication via a quantity, just the colour change)

Adding all the components to the assembler and allowing it to finish creation of both and then picking up the assembler by holding right click on it will only give you one satelite and as the resource has been used, will not return it.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log file
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Marksman_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Picking Up Assembler Looses Satelites Above 1

Post by Marksman_ »

I have attached a clip of the issue to better describe it if that helps
Attachments
factorio-satelite-bug-2019-11-26.mp4
(10.55 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.79] Picking Up Assembler Looses Satelites Above 1

Post by Loewchen »

The second satellite was not in the output slot off the assembler, so when removing the assembler you do not get it, just like any other interrupted production in assemblers is lost..

Return to “Not a bug”