[0.17.78][Minor-bug] it’s impossible to get on the train behind the trees

Bugs that are actually features.
azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.78][Minor-bug] it’s impossible to get on the train behind the trees

Post by azesmbog »

I think a minor mistake, but suddenly you don’t know :)
train.jpg
train.jpg (122.38 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Here I will explain in words.
I take two steps up, towards the train, naturally I rest against it and hide behind the trees. Is it logical ??
well and that's it, from this place I can’t get on the train with the Enter key. If I go out from behind the trees to the left or to the right, then I board the train, namely behind the trees, but near the train, of course, it does not board.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.78][Minor-bug] it’s impossible to get on the train behind the trees

Post by Honktown »

I run into this kind of often with other things. I don't recall exactly what, but sometimes you can't interact with objects because something else is in the way.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

But there is nothing between me and the object (in this case, the train), but I rested on the train, but the trees hid me at the same time. but apparently, by the logic of the game, these trees nevertheless interfere. Therefore, I personally do not think this is a big mistake, so, an unpleasant trifle) Somewhat illogical.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

I don't know then, if you mean you're close enough to touch the train but just being obscured by the trees interferes.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

There is collision check when entering vehicle: going in straight line from player's position to center of car/train you want to enter, every 0.3 distance check if players collision box hits any obstacle, if there is collision prevent player entering car/train. This is intended behavior that prevents for example, cliff skips using car.

In above case, this check line will go up and right a little and from what i see there is tree here. Not a bug (unless proven otherwise, for example using debug option with show-collision-mask)

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

this is in front of the tree I took a screenshot. In fact, I am approaching the train, but hiding in the trees. But I still stand right next to the train exactly in the middle of the head of the train ??? Between me and the train, there is nothing in theory) Well, not a mistake - it means not a mistake. Minor misunderstanding) Thank you.
upd: Although yes, I now understand, even if the tree is behind me, it falls into the landing zone on the train)

Return to “Not a bug”