[0.17.76] Walking while placing power poles doesn't ignore deconstructing poles

Bugs that are actually features.
codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.76] Walking while placing power poles doesn't ignore deconstructing poles

Post by codewarrior »

Walking while holding down the mouse button with a power pole selected will normally place a series of poles at the maximum connectable distance. However, if there are any existing power poles near your cursor that have been marked for deconstruction, you will not place any new power poles.

This was discovered while tearing down wooden poles and trying to replace them with big steel poles.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.76] Walking while placing power poles doesn't ignore deconstructing poles

Post by codewarrior »

On a related note, if there are any power-using entities that have been marked for deconstruction along your path, additional power poles will be placed in an attempt to power these entities (even though they are marked for removal!).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.76] Walking while placing power poles doesn't ignore deconstructing poles

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. As far as I know nobody has ever decided that entities/poles marked for deconstruction should be treated differently than non-marked ones for electric pole purposes. The game doesn't make a difference anywhere as far as I can remember.

So, with that said I'm making the decision that this is working how we want it to work and we're not going to be changing it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”