[0.17.68] Blueprints do not occupy inventory spot when dragged from bp library directly to quickbar

Bugs that are actually features.
SchniSchnaSchnuck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.68] Blueprints do not occupy inventory spot when dragged from bp library directly to quickbar

Post by SchniSchnaSchnuck »

If you drag a bp directly from the bp library not to the inventory but directly to the quickbar like this:

https://imgur.com/a/BnJ4Mud

it doesnt get a spot in the inventory:

https://imgur.com/a/H4QjGb3

Furthermore, if you take this bp from the quickbar into the hand and then click on a different item in inventory, the bp gets spot in the inventory every time you do this. By this, the inventory gets filled with duplicates of the bp:

https://imgur.com/a/dpnSWEG

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.68] Blueprints do not occupy inventory spot when dragged from bp library directly to quickbar

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working exactly as it's supposed to.

When you're taking the blueprint from the library and putting it on the quickbar you're making a shortcut. When you take that shortcut and click it into your inventory you're asking the game to materialize the blueprint as an item and put it in your inventory.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SchniSchnaSchnuck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.68] Blueprints do not occupy inventory spot when dragged from bp library directly to quickbar

Post by SchniSchnaSchnuck »

So the duplicates are not a bug? That makes no sense sorry, why would i like to have duplicate BPs in my inventory?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Every time you click the blueprint into your inventory you're telling the game to "make an item from this please" and so it does. If that's not what you want then simply don't do that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mgis09
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mgis09 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 pm
Thanks for the report however that's working exactly as it's supposed to.
Is it?
In my opinion it's misleading. (Or maybe I didn't know this one yet, as a lot of things in factorio)

I just had a surprise when deleting (quickbar) blueprint: I didn't know it's really a shortcut symbolic link and that my library-based one will get deleted, instead of what I was managing in my player.
So it's not even a shortcut.

On the dropping in eq case, I get the game. When I drop bp in a container, I want a copy there.

Return to “Not a bug”