[0.17.67] Rocket appears behind speed modules

Bugs that are actually features.
n_slash_a
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.67] Rocket appears behind speed modules

Post by n_slash_a »

What did you do?
I launched a rocket and watched the animation. The rocket silo was surrounded by speed beacons. Look at the bottom middle silo.
What happened?
The rocket sprite appeared behind the the speed modules (but not the beacon itself) for about the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the rocket sprite.
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected the rocket sprite to be on top the of the speed modules.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Place down a rocket silo, surround it with speed beacons, and launch a rocket. I caught the screen cap on the second launch, so it is pretty repeatable.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
I saw it 4 times in a row, so I'm assuming always.

Mods running are probably not important, but they are: auto-deconstruct, bottleneck, power armor mk3, and yarm. I suspect this will also occur in vanilla, but did not specifically check.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
screenshot.png (3.81 MiB) Viewed 1130 times
factorio-current.log
log file
(6.35 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.67] Rocket appears behind speed modules

Post by posila »

Hello, alt-mode is an overlay point of which is to not be occluded by objects, so strictly speaking, this is not a bug.

That said, at some point of the flight, rocket is switched to higher layer and starts occluding even the alt-mode icons, and it would probably be more estetically pleasant if that happened earlier + if you build inserters at top (instead of bottom) their arms would be drawn over the rocket, which looks much worse.

n_slash_a
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.67] Rocket appears behind speed modules

Post by n_slash_a »

Hi.

Fair enough to say it isn't a bug.

Yes, I also have a rocket silo with the inserters at the top, and when the rocket is prepped for launch it extends over the inserters, and the arrows look out of place.
Attachments
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (4.47 MiB) Viewed 1102 times

Return to “Not a bug”