[0.17.59] Drag-mining non-ghost entities does not remove ghosts

Bugs that are actually features.
Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.59] Drag-mining non-ghost entities does not remove ghosts

Post by Kirk »

Ok, again, I don't know what the intended behaviour is, but I found it a little odd.

1. Left click to place a couple of inserters and shift-click to place a couple of inserter ghosts.
2. Right-click and hold over one of the non-ghost inserters, after it is mined keep holding and move on to the other non-ghost inserters. They should all be mined.
3. Keep holding right mouse button and move over to a ghost inserter. It will not be removed.

Could be annoying, depending on your use-case, but in any case the reverse is not true: if you right-click and hold over a ghost, it will allow you to drag and remove other ghosts, but if you drag over a non-ghost item it will also be mined. And as long as you keep holding right mouse button, you can still remove ghosts after this.

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.59] Drag-mining non-ghost entities does not remove ghosts

Post by maniak1349 »

This behavior is extra useful in some other cases though. For example in case where you want to move a big chunk of your base slightly but still don't have access to construction robots or want to help them by hand. You can Ctrl+X the chunk, place it immediately at new position and dismiss the blueprint. Then just hold-pick up all the entities without being afraid of damaging ghosts in overlapping places.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That's intended. It has specifically been programmed to work that way since 0.16.3 and is even in the changelog: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54890
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

I didn't realize you can overlap ghosts and entities now.

[edit] Looks like one still can't. I don't think I entirely understand what you meant XD [/edit]

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

Wouldn't it make sense to then have the reverse also be true?

Return to “Not a bug”