[0.17.62] Compilatron killed me

Bugs that are actually features.
Eifel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.62] Compilatron killed me

Post by Eifel »

When i fixed power issues, compilatron ignore me, run over me and instantly killed me. But items remains in invertory after revive.
Is that issue?
When did we moving to second place of new base, compilatron avoid me in the way
Attachments
deadly compilatron.png
deadly compilatron.png (3.82 MiB) Viewed 1664 times

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.62] Compilatron killed me

Post by wheybags »

Not a bug, compilatron will sometimes smash his way through things to get where he needs to go. "Things" including you :p
Thanks for the report anyway.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

wheybags wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 pm
Not a bug, compilatron will sometimes smash his way through things to get where he needs to go. "Things" including you :p
Tutorials should offer scaling challenges and in the right places. Fighting aliens is the right place to die; "come and build a chest over here" and being run over by the teacher--which doesn't even exist in the conventional game--is not.
  • Imagine learning to play Super Mario Bros on NES on world 1-1 with random, invisible holes in the ground. That level never passed QA.
  • Imagine a teacher asking "what is 1+1 equal to?" and then getting punched in the face before answering. That teacher has been jailed, or worse.
  • Imagine being a 4.5+ year veteran of Factorio who doesn't post often, taking the time to play the Factorio tutorial to provide valuable and unpaid feedback, being instructed to do something in that tutorial, getting killed for no appropriate reason, taking the time to report a valid issue (which will impact future players) to the developers, and being responded to with a haphazard decision which still has a chance to be reverted because the developers are good about rethinking things. We will see.

jamezhall
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jamezhall »

wheybags wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 pm
Ok. Can you please explain why the decision to allow the tutorial giver the ability to KILL you is a good idea? I'm sorry I literally cannot figure this logic out.
Never in a game has a tutorial killed me before. Not until I played the Factorio tutorial.
May I humbly suggest you make the Compilatron just not kill the player only?!

Return to “Not a bug”