[0.17.59] Default upgrade planner doesn't upgrade filter inserters to stack filter inserters

Bugs that are actually features.
n_slash_a
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.59] Default upgrade planner doesn't upgrade filter inserters to stack filter inserters

Post by n_slash_a »

What did you do?
I placed down a blueprint. It contained a some fast inserters and filter inserters. I clicked on the upgrade planner button and selected the entire blueprint.

What happened?
All the fast inserters were upgraded to stack inserters. None of the filter inserters were upgraded to stack filter inserters.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
As far as I am concerned, the stack filter inserter is an upgraded version of the filter inserter, so I expected all the filter inserters to be upgraded to stack filter inserters.

I did try placing down filter inserters (thinking this might just be an issue with a ghost filter inserter), and the upgrade planner still doesn't upgrade them. I'm guessing the issue is that the upgrade planner does not consider the stick filter inserter to be an upgraded version of the filter inserter.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.59] Default upgrade planner doesn't upgrade filter inserters to stack filter inserters

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's intended. The stack filter inserter is not a pure upgrade of the normal filter inserter. the stack one has completely different behavior and only has 1 filter.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”